In its ninth year, the Cape Town International Animation Festival is back, and the French Institute of South Africa is excited to partner with this renowned festival again to amplify animation talent worldwide.
The French Institute is thrilled to be offering a specially curated programme for everyone to immerse themselves in. Our programme will include a panel discussion with prominent voices from the industry, namely Cécile Blondel, Head of International Relations at GOBELINS School of Visual Arts. With a rich background in the audiovisual sector, cinema and theatre, Blondel will also offer her perspective on the creative process in a workshop focusing on short film making. We are also looking forward to bringing a spectacular drive-in cinema experience for attendees to enjoy the films Le Petit Vampire and La Fameuse Invasion des ours en Sicile from the comfort of their cars. Attendees can also find us on our virtual booth, where they can network with the IFAS team, international industry players and more.
“We are excited to be part of this platform where students, professionals, filmmakers and all-round animation lovers, can come together to exchange ideas. There is no better gathering in South Africa for those who want to understand the animation industry, while connecting with both local and international players. Our support is unquestionable.” ꟷ Emmanuelle Denavit-Feller, Audiovisual Attaché, French Embassy in South Africa.
Meet our team and our collaborators at the festival, and enjoy our programme at the following events:
- 7:00 pm: Join us for a screening of Le Petit Vampire at the GoDriveIn Movie & Roadhouse in Salt River. Bookings essential.
- 12 pm -1 pm: Join us for a screening of Mogau Kekana’s Red Ants.
- 12 pm-2 pm: Join us for a viewing of the best short films produced by African students from GOBELINS – School of Images.
- 1 pm-2 pm: Attend our panel discussion on training opportunities within the animation industry facilitated by the French Institute’s Mélissa Dusart with Isaac Mogajane (Executive Producer, Bridges), Lesego Vorster (Head of Animation, Tshimologong) and Cécile Blondel (Head of International Relations, GOBELIN).
- 7:00 pm: Join us for a screening of La Fameuse Invasion des ours en Sicile at the GoDriveIn Movie & Roadhouse in Salt River. Bookings essential.
- 10 am-12:45 am: Join Cécile Blondel for a workshop on the storytelling specificities of making a short film, the economics and evolution of film production, and the role of women in the short film space.
For more information on the festival, tickets and booking details, visit https://www.ctiaf.com/