The BELC Mauritius teachers training will take place from April 24 to 28, 2023 at the Lycée des Mascareignes in Moka, Mauritius.
This call for applications for scholarships is open to French teachers of Botswana, Eswatini, Lesotho, Malawi, South Africa, Zambia and Zimbabwe and is offered by the educational cooperation department of the French Embassy in South Africa, Lesotho and Malawi, and the coordination of the Alliances Françaises network in Southern Africa.
Teachers can submit their application by completing the online form before Thursday, February 16, 2023 at 1:30 p.m.
The BELC Mauritius 2023 aims to gather French language professionals to reflect on new practices and new tools to better face this sector’s challenges.
This regional training is organised by France Education International in cooperation with the French Embassy in Mauritius and the Ministry of Education of the Republic of Mauritius and is open to candidates from the Indian Ocean and Southern Africa areas.
The detailed program is available at:
The French Embassy in Pretoria will cover the the following costs:
– Round-trip international transport (plane tickets from the following countries: Botswana, Eswatini, Lesotho, Malawi, South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe);
– Accommodation and catering on site;
– Travel insurance ;
– Training costs.
(Any additional cost will not be covered by the French Embassy in Pretoria.)
You can submit your online application using the following form:
In order to finalize your application, you will need to provide the following documents to be uploaded online:
1. A copy of your passport, along with a copy of visa for foreign residents;
2. The completed pre-registration form (download here);
3. The “Formulaire passerelle” for the request for payment of your plane ticket signed by the director or the competent department of your establishment (please request form here);
4. A CV (download here the Europass model if necessary);
5. Your professional project (download here).
Once the online form has been completed, you will receive an acknowledgment of receipt detailing your answers.
For information, nationals of the following countries do not need to apply for a visa prior to their departure: Botswana, Eswatini, Lesotho, Malawi, South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe, people of third nationality should inquire about the administrative formalities concerning them.