Are you a youth-led network of citizens and civil society organisations working on sexual and reproductive rights and health (SRHR) in South Africa and Malawi?
The Embassy of France of South Africa, Lesotho and Malawi is inviting Expression of Interest (EoI) from networks like yours working to advance SRHR policies, interventions and access in these two countries.
France is a committed member of the Generation Equality SRHR Action Coalition, which brings together government, civil society and international organisations to catalyze collective action and deliver concrete results for SRHR and gender equality.
The Generation Equality campaign encourages greater youth involvement in shaping and overseeing SRHR policies and interventions geared at improving the realization of SRHR for the South African and Malawian youth. Particular attention will be paid to the prevention of unintended teenage pregnancy, as a priority issue identified by stakeholders involved in this sector.
This partnership with youth-led SRHR networks is intended to:
- Support meaningful youth participation in inclusive, intergenerational multi-stakeholders concertation platforms on SRHR in South Africa and in Malawi (SRHR Action Coalition or other);
- Support coordination and agency amongst youth-led organisations and youth activists working on SRHR;
- Strengthen youth policy and practitioner engagement on SRHR issues, with a focus on unintended teenage pregnancies.
It will entail the following:
- Grant to one or two youth-led South African civil society network(s) for engagement on SRHR with a focus on the prevention of unintended teenage pregnancies in South Africa and in Malawi;
- Concertation and cooperation in the framework of multistakeholders platforms.
For more information on the call for Expressions of Interest, visit:
- Call for Expressions of Interest: youth-led SRHR networks in Malawi
- Call for Expressions of Interest: youth-led SRHR networks in South Africa
Deadline: 26 June 2022