Are you a youth-led network of citizens and civil society organisations working on sexual and reproductive rights and health (SRHR)?
The Embassy of France of South Africa, Lesotho and Malawi is inviting Expression of Interest (EoI) from networks like yours working to advance SRHR policies, interventions and access in Malawi.
France is a committed member of the Generation Equality SRHR Action Coalition, which brings together government, civil society and international organisations to catalyze collective action and deliver concrete results for SRHR and gender equality.
The Generation Equality campaign encourages greater youth involvement in shaping and overseeing SRHR policies and interventions geared at improving the realization of SRHR for Malawian youth. Particular attention will be paid to the prevention of unintended teenage pregnancy, as a priority issue identified by stakeholders involved in this sector.
This partnership with youth-led SRHR networks is intended to:
- Support meaningful youth participation in inclusive, intergenerational multi-stakeholders concertation platforms on SRHR in Malawi (SRHR Action Coalition or other);
- Support coordination and agency amongst youth-led organisations and youth activists working on SRHR;
- Strengthen youth policy and practitioner engagement on SRHR issues, with a focus on unintended teenage pregnancies.
It will entail the following:
- Grant to one or two youth-led Malawian civil society network(s) for engagement on SRHR with a focus on the prevention of unintended teenage pregnancies in Malawi;
- Concertation and cooperation in the framework of multistakeholders platforms.
Eligible applicants must be:
- Youth-led networks, as per their mandate (Constitution) and their leadership;
- Formally registered or informal Malawian networks, or regional networks registered elsewhere but with a demonstrated leadership, membership, and activities in Malawi;
- Networks whose primary mandate is to advance SRHR.
Apply by 26 June 2022, using the dedicated form you can download here.
Submit your Expression of Interest by email to email@example.com.
Based on the EoIs received, the Embassy of France will engage short listed organisations to discuss their technical and financial proposals further.
The Embassy reserves the right to accept or reject any EoI, and to annul the selection process and reject all EoIs at any time, without incurring any liability to the participating organisations.